Smooth As Silk Made2Manage Migrations
NuStar Resources has perfected the method for migrations with Made2Mange. This includes fixing and verifying all issues that arise from the migration and hand holding after the migration takes place. The live migration will take place during the weekend and performed remotely. Users will have all customizations and enhancements working on the first day. Any unforeseen issues will be handled by onsite support.
The approach NuStar takes in performing a Made2Manage migration has the following advantages for producing better results for less cost:
- We typically have the customer’s System Administrator actively participate in the migration process. We have cook book step by step document and modify it during the Conversion Test phase for your company. Responsibility will be given for who does what and when is it to be done during the live migration.
- We perform a test migration to the new Made2Manage version with your current live data on your designated SQL Sever. We then have the perfect test environment to verify that Made2Manage works as expected. With the test migration on the network, users will have an opportunity to enter transactions in the new version of Made2Manage under normal operating conditions.
- For a company that has customized Made2Manages Reports or additional enhancements, there is the potential that the customizations will have migration issues. If after using the new Made2Manage version, it’s determined that the customizations are still necessary, we are available to fix the customizations. NuStar has perfected the art of fixing migrated custom reports and functional enhancements. We can perform the fixes and testing or train one of your staff.
- Typically, the migration is done on the weekend at no additional cost and no down time for users. Most if not all of the work can be done remotely. This means not paying for someone sitting around on-site doing nothing while the actual migration takes place. This also means that if something doesn’t go exactly the way we expect, we do not have to force the migration. The company simple continues operating with their current version of Made2Manage, while the migration issue is investigated and resolved. The next weekend the live migration can then take place.
- After the migration takes place, we can be onsite to assist with loading the new Made2Manage version on work stations or provide assistance with any issues that come up when users start using the new Made2Manage version the next day.
- One of the Pre-Conversion steps that have been beneficial to many Made2Mange customers is performing a Data Cleansing process. This allows identification of Items (INV), Routings (RTG) and Bills of Material (BOM) no longer used by any transaction set in Made2Manage. An automatic deletion can be done to remove completely the selected Items, Routing and Bills of Material. This can significantly reduce the amount of data to migrate and for user to manage afterwards. This often is done in conjunction with data archive and deletion in Made2Manage.