The approach NuStar takes in performing a Made2Manage migration has the following advantages
for producing better results for less cost:
- We typically have the customer’s System Administrator actively participate in the migration
process. We have cook book step by step document and modify it during the Conversion Test
phase for your company. Responsibility will be given for who does what and when is it to be
done during the live migration.
- We perform a test migration to the new Made2Manage version with your current live data on
your designated SQL Sever. We then have the perfect test environment to verify that
Made2Manage works as expected. With the test migration on the network, users will have an
opportunity to enter transactions in the new version of Made2Manage under normal operating
- For a company that has customized Made2Manages Reports or additional enhancements, there
is the potential that the customizations will have migration issues. If after using the new
Made2Manage version, it’s determined that the customizations are still necessary, we are
available to fix the customizations. NuStar has perfected the art of fixing migrated custom
reports and functional enhancements. We can perform the fixes and testing or train one of
- Typically, the migration is done on the weekend at no additional cost and no down time for
users. Most if not all of the work can be done remotely. This means not paying for someone
sitting around on-site doing nothing while the actual migration takes place. This also means
that if something doesn’t go exactly the way we expect, we do not have to force the migration.
The company simple continues operating with their current version of Made2Manage, while
the migration issue is investigated and resolved. The next weekend the live migration can then
- After the migration takes place, we can be onsite to assist with loading the new Made2Manage
version on work stations or provide assistance with any issues that come up when users start
using the new Made2Manage version the next day.
- One of the Pre-Conversion steps that have been beneficial to many Made2Mange customers is
performing a Data Cleansing process. This allows identification of Items (INV), Routings
(RTG) and Bills of Material (BOM) no longer used by any transaction set in Made2Manage.
An automatic deletion can be done to remove completely the selected Items, Routing and Bills
of Material. This can significantly reduce the amount of data to migrate and for user to
manage afterwards. This often is done in conjunction with data archive and deletion in